This service is for professional taxidermists in order
to prepare their skins for tanning at Carolina Fur
Dressing. This includes splitting lips, nose, eyes and
turning ears. Remove foot bones and tail on life-size
animals. Completely flesh skin, salt and hang dry.
Some prices range due to the fact that some skins require
more work than others. The larger and the more fat and
meat a skin has will reflect the price on some species.
• ALWAYS WRITE “FROZEN” IN LARGE LETTERS WITH BLACK
MARKER ON ALL SIDES OF THE BOX.
• Always insulate boxes with pink fiberglass or foam house
• Ship UPS or Fed Ex (never US Postal Service).
• Ship on Mondays; all shipments from the western part of the
US should be shipped 3 Day Select.
• Always include a Carolina Fur Dressing packing list with prep
and tanning instructions.
Insulate boxes with pink fiberglass or foam house insulation
Always write “FROZEN”
in large letters with
black marker on all
sides of the box.